Someone recently asked me about my babys vaccination ie on how many vaccination of a certain type and whats the schedule like. I looked at her and said I cant remember. Cos you see, every baby will have a little record book which the paed records down certain milestones, like their weight, height, head circumference, and the date of each vaccination and their types in the respective schedule. I do NOT need to remember or maybe I didnt take the effort to remember the type of vaccination and their schedule, knowing that I have that little record book. If there is an upcoming vaccination, I will know and remember the doctors appointment. All I know is that Claire has already completed all the vaccination scheduled for the 1st 6 months. And the next one would be in her 1st year. However, do NOT ask me what is the 1st year vaccination type and if the 4th dosage of a certain vaccination is during her 1st year or in the 6th month. THAT I seriously cannot remember.
But this person kept harping on how come I cannot remember. She asked if I can remember my 1st child, Chloes vaccination schedule. I said that was 2 years plus ago, of course I cant remember. She then said she can remember her kids vaccination schedule eventhough it was 2 years ago. And she continued on. Kept harping on why I cannot remember and all. Sigh. Told her I have that booklet. Why do I need to store all this information in my mind? But she didnt let it go. She continued her 'interrogation'.
This made me wonder. Am I a bad mother? Should I take the initiative to remember all of these? Is there a need to in the first place? I believe, as long as my kids are going for their vaccination on the defined schedule, I dont need to be concern about whether or not I can remember it offhand rite? Some people, or mothers...are just too overly 'kan cheong'. Sigh....
No comments:
Post a Comment